Research for Agricultural Development Program (RADP) was conceived to support PARC in areas where the activities could not be carried out through operational budget. The infrastructure, communication network, equipment and other machinery had become more than two decades old and was unable to further cater the needs of the organization. An allocation equal to 11.89% of the total project cost was made for the Civil Works. A number of construction and maintenance activities had been identified in the PC-I for rehabilitation of infrastructure, uplift of research facilities and addition of new structures at NARC and outstations to support research activities.
Provision was also made to replace outdated equipment like more than 25 years old exchange and elevators at NARC and PARC. Provision of new data and voice communication system was made to facilitate NARC research establishments and offices spread over 1400 acres of NARC as well as PARC and NARC by interconnectivity.
Following allocations were initially made for the mentioned purposes.
- Repair & Maintenance of Office Buildings Rs. 57.32 million
- Repair & Maintenance of Residential Buildings Rs. 10.00 million
- Construction of Buildings Rs. 185.51 million
- Construction of Glass Houses Rs. 21.00 million
Total Rs. 273.83 million ----- (A)
Rs. 20.00 million were re-appropriated from budget head 62-65 i.e, “Delegation Abroad” to following budget heads in 3rd PSC meeting under Agenda Item No.6, para-23:
- 62-40 Repair of Office Buildings: Rs. 5.00 million
- 63-22 Construction of Buildings Rs. 10.00 million
- 63-29 Other Works Rs. 5.00 million
Total Rs. 20.00 million ----- (B)
Grand Total (A + B) Rs. 293.83 million
Another Rs. 58.508 million were re-appropriated from “Delegation Abroad” budget head 62-65 and “machinery and equipment” budget head 63-12 to following budget heads in 7th PSC meeting under Agenda Item No. 5:
- 63-22 Construction of buildings: Rs. 24.108 million
- 63-29 Other Works Rs. 34.40 million
Grand total: (11.89 % of total project cost) Rs. 352.338 million
- Next >>